The Purple is a student publication offering news of the month, editorials, poetry, college news and alumni news. This issue contains the following:
- Commencement Week
- Visit of the Very Rev. Edward I. Purbrick, S.J.
- Ignatius the Soldier
- The Genius of the Middle Ages
- The Love of a Father
- The College Graduate the Future Statesman
- Religion the Corner-stone of Government
- Augustine at Milan
- A Liberal Education and Society
- Out of a Dream
- Edward the Confessor
- Dr. Conaty a Monsignor
- For the Best
- Brother Michael Hogan, S.J.
- A Word on Georgetown's Graduate School
- After the Storm-A Fantasy
- The Alumni
- The College Chronicle
- From the Editor's Table
- Photographs of students and alumni
Masthead appears on p. 152
"The Purple, July 1897,"
The Purple: Vol. 5:
2, Article 1.
Available at: https://crossworks.holycross.edu/purple/vol5/iss2/1
Art and Design Commons, Higher Education Commons, Nonfiction Commons, Poetry Commons, Social History Commons