The Purple is a student publication offering news of the month, editorials, poetry, college news and alumni news. This issue contains the following:
- June Roses
- Recollections of Holy Cross at the Season of the End of the War between North and South
- Fair Land and Free
- Some Leaves from Irish History
- To Dante in Exile
- On a Falling Star
- A Plea for an Alumni Day
- Necessity of Parental Co-Operation for the Success of the Teacher
- Mozart's Dream
- A Few Reminiscences of Holy Cross a Generation Ago
- Two Consuls
- Debating Societies and Their Utility
- The Oriole
- Holy Cross the Fostering Mother of Priests
- The Alumni Contributors
- Photographs of alumni, athletic teams, Class of 1897
This issue contains table of content for entire Volume 5. Masthead appears on p. 90.
"The Purple, June 1897,"
The Purple: Vol. 5:
1, Article 1.
Available at: https://crossworks.holycross.edu/purple/vol5/iss1/1
Art and Design Commons, Catholic Studies Commons, Nonfiction Commons, Poetry Commons, Rhetoric Commons, Social History Commons